RED OXIDE PRIMER
|COVERAGE||11-13 m / liter / coat|
|APPLICATION||Brush / Roller|
|THINNER||White Spirit / Turpentine|
|DRYING TIME||16 hours between coats|
|NO OF COATS||1|
|THINNING||By Roller / Brush 10-12%|
|CLEANING||Clean all equipment with Spirit or Turpentine|
How to Apply
1. SURFACE PREPARATION
Surface must be clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. Treat mould with bleach then rinse with clean water. Fill in surface defects with a suitable filler or sealant and sand smooth.
Remove all loose and flaking paint and sand glossy or enamel surfaces thoroughly with 200 grit. Prepare bare areas as for new work. Wash to remove dirt and chalk. Apply one coat of an oil-based undercoat (e.g. WallmanUndercoat or Red Oxide Primer)
Confirm colour before use. Carefully apply two liberal coats of Wallman Matt Enamel by brush or roller. A 7mm mohair roller cover or similar will give best results. Excess film thickness will result in runs and slow drying. Avoid painting late in the afternoon as condensation may affect drying and gloss.
- Stir paint in a circular lifting motion for 5 minutes before use
- Drying time: 4 hours (touch dry)
- Recoat: 16 hours at 25°C (in cold, damp, or humid conditions, drying time may be lengthened)
- Do not paint at temperatures below 10°C
- More than one can of the same colour and product is required, mix the contents of all the cans together to ensure colour consistency.